Life Goes On, Happily.

I am having the best sex of my life.

Months and months since I’ve posted. The angst is gone.

80’s Joel.  I’m not exactly an innocent man, but the music somehow still applies.

Happy and boring. Perfect.

Nevertheless, my mind has slowly  wandered back to this blog. I figure it is time for an update, at the least.

I drafted an epilogue a month ago, but never posted it. I don’t feel the urge to post daily,  but still , I don’t want to shut it down completely.

Like any good saga, I think the Hobbyist has run its course. Where to from here?

The blog will undoubtedly evolve. I’m paid up on an additional year of WordPress. Can’t let that go to waste…

My life is good. Very good. Happy.

The divorce is final. T has diverged off to her own life now. I hardly hear from her at all. We text occasionally over transactional things, but that is the extent of it.

Stacy has graduated from rehab, and gone back to cosmetology.   I am continuing with my career in IT.

Stacy and I have both retired from hobbying. We are together. Monogamous. No sugar. No secrets.

The sex is phenomenal.

This was one of my last trips this year. Next year, I will be back on the road, but for the next few months, I will mostly be home.

My 50th birthday came and went uneventfully over the summer. Stacy and I are together. Legitimately dating. I’ve introduced her to my folks.

She gets along well with my family. My step mother was not too sure at first because of the age difference, but eventually warmed.

Technically, Stacy is the oldest woman I have ever dated. Step-mom did not see the humor in that.

Dad thought it was hilarious.

Likewise, I have met Stacy’s mom (whom I was very relieved to find out is a few years older than I).

She was not too sure of me at first. However, I’m stable, sane and present well in public…so received a thumbs up in the end.

Life goes on.

7 Comments Add yours

1. Lavender says:

No more escorts for you? How does that feel ?

Liked by 1 person

1. uehobbyist says:

Mixed. I enjoyed it. I like the fantasy. However, I also see I was naive at times. Some of these ladies have addiction issues, which I enabled. I regret that.

Liked by 1 person

1. Lavender says:

Escorts are always the fantasy aren’t they?

I believe we all some extend of addiction one way or another.

Liked by 1 person

2. Vegas says:

So happy for you.
    Remember when you wrote a blog back in the beginning of the year you weren’t sure about dating, and said you’ll see what happens in a year? So glad you’re happy! And glad Stacey is well.
    Take care my friend.

Liked by 1 person

3. uehobbyist says:

Agreed. Myself included.

4. TheBloggingSD says:

Legitimately happy to see a post come through – glad to hear everything with Stacy is going well!

Hope things are well

Liked by 1 person

1. uehobbyist says:

Thanks man. It has been an interesting two years.